Wednesday, January 26, 2011

About This Blog

I'm a dad with a baby named Gus, who was born with a birth defect, esophageal atresia. It was corrected surgically and we were sent home after spending three excruciating months in the hospital. Gus is now over a year old and aside for some minor issues related to his defect, he's perfectly healthy. The problem is that he's underweight.

This blog is my attempt to find a way for Gus to put on weight. As it happens, I have some experience with weight loss, having lost about 50 lbs over the course of a year and kept it off for the last two years. My diet plan was somewhat unconventional, but that's because the conventional thinking on losing weight is mostly nonsense.

It occurred to me that Gus is basically on the reverse of a conventional weight loss program. Since most weight loss programs don't work for losing weight, I doubt they're going to be any more effective for gaining weight if you do the opposite. I think there's a better way of doing things. That's what I'm trying to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment